Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The door of opportunity

My mood was travelling like a roller coaster since the news was broke to me yesterday. I was offer a new position at the Regional CS working in the CS Marketing department. It was a really tempting offer as I really hate my current working environment.

I miss my girls there, I miss the quiet working environment. Of course with no other word, I wanna take over the position so badly.

My boss share the news with me at ask for my view. After 1 1/2 hours of discussion, guess what I was told? He told me not to put up much hope on this transfer as he most likely won't release me to Regional.

Where the hell this lousy boss come from?!? He told me that at the start when he got this news, he didn't even want to share it with me cos he need me to stay here to assist him. I had never met a boss that will actually stop their staff from moving on.

He offer me to stay & promise me with new position & pay increament. Seriously lah, I always believe that working environment is very important, What the point for you to hold a high pay but you are never happy at work. Spending 8hours a day at a place & 8hours of unhappiness is really a torture to a person. Other than the sleeping time, I believe I spent more time at my work place than at home.

My stand was rather firm. I told my boss that even he insist me of staying here, I will never be happy at work. Seriously if I continue in the operation line, which I really hate it, I will rather go back to my familiar field, go back to F&B industries.

But finally after a day of discuss & stuff, He at last agree to release me, I had successfully manage to leave the hell soon, but not so soon still.

I need to make sure a good hand over is done! Teach a person to take over my role before I can really leave. Thank god that answer to my prayer.

I now believe in what was told by a friend of mine.

"when the door of opportunity is shuts, there is probably another window that's open somewhere. you just haven't see it yet..."

No comments:

Post a Comment