Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 19, 2009

Flash Back

Skip my lunch today and accompany Eve to do some shopping. Before going back to office, went to Food Court and get some fruits.

 

Brought a packet of guava and half a pear. Sitting in front of my lap-top, eating my pear. Suddenly my grandmother comes to my mind. I miss her a lot; lot of flash back comes to me.

 

Been ages since I last had a pear. Remember those days when I’m still young. Kind of home-less at that moment. So every weekend, my mum will bring me to grandmother’s fruit store to pay her a visit.

 

Without fail, my grandmother will pass me a pear when I reach there. She knows I love to eat pear.

 

As time passes, thing changes. My grandmother age a lot. Still remember I was staying in my aunty house around secondary school age, staying in the same block of flat with my dad & grandmother.

 

Every evening, no matter sun or rain. I will see my grandmother tired back-view from far, with an umbrella over her shoulder, carry her belonging in her plastic bag, walking slowly back home.

 

This routine continues till the day she fall ill. She got a stroke. Due to some family issue, the aunties and uncles decide to put my grandmother to an old folk home.

 

At the very start, I’m not allowed to visit my grandmother. My aunties somehow put the blame on my mum, so to prevent anymore misunderstanding, mum strongly forbid me to visit grandmother.

 

Force to find out the address of the old folk home from my dad, if got a choice, I won’t want to even speak to him. Seek for my friend help to send me there.

 

I remember the very first time I went to visit my grandmother there, it was raining heavily. Got all soaking wet. When I first saw her on the bed, my heart ache. Tears kept rolling down my face, my grandmother cried with me.

 

She was trying very hard to speak to me, but no words coming out from her mouth. Her hand still as warm as before, her smile still as gentle.

 

Visit her every Sunday after work. Till one day, when I visit her, the way she look at me I can tell that she can no longer recognize me anymore. Got to know that she suffer from stroke again. This is the second time.

 

Her health is getting from bad to worst day by day.

 

One of the night, I received a called from the old folk home. As the nurse is unable to contact any of my relatives, she called me, telling me that my grandmother had left us.

 

She had left me 3years plus, going to 4years this May, but I still miss her badly.

 

I love u, ah ma. You will always lives in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment