Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Bubble Tea Fever

The bubble tea crazed in me is active once again after so long.

Let me recapped, the very 1st bubble tea fever start 10years ago, when I was at the age of 15. At that time my favorite favor of tea was Peppermint Milk Tea, Mango Red Tea & Blue Coral Snow Shake.

I recalled at that period of time, you can find bubble tea shop everywhere, but I only like to drink from "Happy Cup" at Bedok interchange, cos my sister is working there, I always get free tea. At the age if 16, I diverted my love for "Happy Cup" to "Each a Cup" at Parkway as I'm working at Parkway Parade. What I love about "Each a Cup" is not because of the taste, is due to the rainbow pearl, I love colourful stuff. If the rainbow pearl is out, I will rather not buy any tea. < /FONT>

This bubble tea fever last around 2, 3years, due to bubble tea is everywhere, tea is just in the reach of hand, people get sick over it real fast, & slowly, most of the bubble tea shop closed down.

The strongest survived, through out the years, "Sweet Talk" can say is the only 1 surviving outta. My love for bubble tea does not goes off with the bubble tea fever, I can say, I love bubble tea even more after that. I always haunt for bubble tea where ever I go, Peach Red Tea was my favorite favor for so many years, I will at least have a cup of "Sweet Talk" tea once every week.

But that had been quite sometime since the "Sweet Talk" at Bedok interchange closed down, although there another "Each a Cup" there, but I tried there tea once after so long, it taste horrible.

After I stop drinking bubble tea, the Koi fever started. Till now I can't explain what the crazed over Koi, cos I haven't tried any yet, but I heard the queue was long. After hearing this the more I don't feel like queuing for that.

Till recently, Sharon introduce "水研社 - Drink Tea" at Bedok interchange to me, I fall in love for bubble tea once again. Their pearl are made of Roselle Plant extract, it is free from any colouring and even has medicinal purposes! (most important, the pearl is of my favorite colour, pink)

First you decide your sugar level (similar to the Koi concept, 0%,25%,50%,75%,100%), then you choose Full Ice, Half Ice or No Ice. As for the Roselle Pearls, pink it is, but it tastes pretty similar to most pearls out there. It's quite chewy and there was a very lightly sweet aftertaste of the pearl that lingers in your mouth. More of a sweet scent taste I suppose. So far, I think there only 1 particular branch at Bedok. I fall in love with their Plum Jelly Tea.

Recently there another fever running around in my company, & that is "Gong Cha" fever. One of "Gong Cha" branch was located at Vivocity, kind of convenience for me to grap a cup, but apparently that not the case. "Gong Cha" queue was just as bad, my colleagues spend 1/2 hour of her lunch time just to queue for the tea, this made me think twice too.

Till one of the day, my colleague say she gonna queue for "Gong Cha" during her lunch, dompang her to grap a cup for me too, that my very 1st time trying "Gong Cha".

I tried the Purple Plum tea with Ai Yu, that very nice, I fall in love with bubble tea once again. One of my friend recommend me to try their signature tea, Gong Cha Oolong with pearl, 0% sugar level, she say that was good.

So I went to grap a cup of that particular favor with Jo yesterday & I love the taste of it. Not only 1 cup, I drank a total of 2 cups yesterday.

I was feeling rather thirsty after lunch today, the crazy act in me started again, I went to queue for "Gong Cha". I guess I need to put this bubble tea crazed to a stop for now, too much of everything is just not healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment