Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 8, 2010

Real Cruel World out there

First day back to office after my long leave, lot of changes took place when I’m not around, I should be glad I still stay, but job load increase tons, yet to meet up with my boss yet, heard that he needs to talk to me too.

On Thursday itself, heard that the restructure of our department was announce to all, each & everyone take turn to speak with our boss. What other always says:

“Changes are meant to be good”

But the particular sentence above don’t apply to everyone, total of 18 tables & chairs in the department, after this restructure, only left with 4 of it being occupied, all the rest was allocated to other department & one being retrench.

Dionne, the irritating woman take sit behind me which always annoyed me with her super high pitch voice had been retrenched.

I thought I should be happy after hearing this news, but I don’t why I don’t feel that way, instead, I feel that my company was a “heartless” place.

She had been with this company for 13years; she just got a long service award in the recent D&D session.

Hear on Thursday itself, she was called into the HR department maybe like half an hour before knocking off, HR hand her the letter, ask her to pack her stuff & she don’t need to report to work the next day.

Isn’t it cruel?!? HR personnel still need to stand & watch her to pack her stuff, no explanation from boss to her, & off she go. Luckily she got a lump sum from this retrenchment fee, if not, it so difficult to find a good job nowadays.

Other than her, there are also 2 another sad case, which is Eve & Mo, both of them are heading over to Changi after CNY. Seriously, I feel so sad for them, finally I got a chance to leave the “hell”, now, my hangout are going there to suffer soon.

Eve lives in Woodland & Mo lives in Clementi. Just the travelling distance itself is enough to “kill” them. They need to wake up super early after they shift there.

Mo seems taking this change rather easy, but Eve seems rather affected with this change when I got to see her today in the office. Other than the 3 of them, the rest still seem rather happy with the changes.

Stanley, Einda, Joseph, Godfrey had move on to other department, either head over to pre-sale department or under JK department. They are considered rather safe when they are transfer to these 2 departments.

So for my department now, RCS only left with 4 of us, not including boss as he is not around most of the time, there me, Louis, Shana & Loh. Damn sad right, the whole department become so 冷清now.

With the leaving of each of them, of course there a huge increase in our job loads, really HUGE increase.

Economic is recovering, but not very good still; I rather have an increase of my job load then lost my job, it not easy to find a stable job now. I should be thankful that I’m still here.

No comments:

Post a Comment