Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mixed Feeling

Not again!! I can't believe this is our 5th attempt!!

"Your queue position for a 5-Room flat in Punggol 21 is beyond 300% of the flat supply. Hence, you are deemed as unsuccessful in your flat application. You will not be invited to select a flat and your flat application has been cancelled accordingly. For first-timer applicants, this unsuccessful application will be counted towards the accumulation of additional chances for their future application for a flat in non-mature estates under the BTO exercises."
  • 2 x queue number not within flat supply
  • 2 x 300% beyond flat supply (So I don't even get to see my queue number)
  • 1 x queue number queue number is consider "close" (around 120people away) to flat supply, till our appointment date, left only 2 units (2nd level), so we chose to give up the unit.
For your information, new couple stands a "slightly" higher chance than those 2nd attempt couples, we start off with 2 chances. Every unsuccessful attempt of bid, another additional chance is given to you. So when I bid for the June application (my last application so far), an area which I really love, I'm holding a total of 5 chances to that application.

BUT, during mid July, I received an invitation to my March application (the application that is around 120people away) to chose my unit on 19 August. So, at the point of time I really wonder should I be happy or sad.
Happy is because I finally given the chance to chose my unit (provided if there unit left till the date), sad is because there a high chance that I will get the leftover unit which the people in front of me chose to give up & I still prefer the June location more as compare to the March application. Sad feeling is definitely much, much more than the happy feeling.

As days pass, the units is getting lesser & lesser, as expected, all high level units is taken up. Till the very day of my appointment, I only left with 6 units to chose from, all 2nd level unit.

I call to HDB to ask about the outcome if I give up this application (which mean 1 time rejection to them). It actually my fault too that I did not read up clearly on the terms & conditions.

Previously, my understand to rejection is each couple is given 2 chances a year, if they chose to reject both, than the chances they accumulate will be set to zero. This part is correct, but I missed out the 1st part.

The 1st part is after the 1st rejection, the chance you previously accumulate from the unsuccessful attempt will be cancelled, so your chances will be set back to the very start, 2 chances. But after 2nd rejection within a year, your chances will be set back to 0, same like the 2nd attempt couples. 

I feel a little "unfair" in certain ways, I know the terms & conditions had already state very clearly, but, I still feel "unfair" that I'm not within the queue number, but still I'm invited to chose a unit.

Can you imagine, there like 120people before me chose to give up & causing me left with no choice but being "force" to select a unit from the 6 leftover unit. Can you imagine how I feel when I was "force" to chose a unit which is not of my choice after so many unsuccessful attempts, & I'm left with no choice but to consider it as a rejection & set all my chances which I accurate for the past unsuccessful attempts to the very start AGAIN?

Seriously, disappointment fills me. I'm like kind of speechless to this issue, I'm really at the urge of giving up the idea of getting a BTO flat.

People ask me why don't you ROM first then go & apply the flat, in this way I will get a higher chance of getting a unit (I seriously don't know how true is this). But, I think this is a lousy idea, it defeat the purpose of marriage, isn't it.

Marriage is something very "神圣" to me, a couple should be deeply in love with each other, sharing the same goal in life, willing to committee to each other on their free will. But now, I know a lot of couple chose to get marry not because they are ready for the second stage of their relationship, is because they want to "secure" a roof over their head, seriously I feel that this a very sad case.

I'm having a rather mixed feeling now. Disappointment, anger, sad, speechless & tons more which I don't how to describe those feeling out by words.

Government are encouraging young couple to get marry & start their family, but please teach us how should we do it when we don't have any roof above our head? BTO flat supply cannot meet the market demand, resale flat market price are push to sky high, let not say more that young couple can afford to buy any condos or private houses.

Just tell me how!!

No comments:

Post a Comment