Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 13, 2009

~Regret~

The day before, after I finish work at 6pm, I rush home to change my top into dark colour & I head off to Bishan to meet up with Jo & Andy at the control station.

 Meeting time was 8.15pm, received a SMS from Jo asking us to go ahead without her as she will be late, she will join us there later.

 

I reach there at 8pm; send a SMS to Andy to ask him to call me when he reaches. I was mad hungry at that time, cos I did not have any lunch that day. Walk around Junction 8, in the end I bought Toro Q to munch.

 

Saw a “Pet Lover” shop so I went in for a stroll. Met a very nice sale assistant & which introduce me a couple of product. He also shares some general knowledge about dogs & his experience dealing with dogs with me.

 

By the time I’m done with my shopping Andy reached. We decide to walk to our destination instead of taking bus there as it not really that far away, is just one bus stop distance.

 

Reach street 22, so we are searching for the block. Manage to find block 209 but we cannot find block 209A. No choice, need to call Roland to check how we gonna get there.

 

Guess what happen, I pass down the wrong information. Is block 290A & not 209A, we need to walk back & find the place again. Luckily Ah Poh is there too, he came over to pick us up & drop Wee Nee off at the same time.

 

Reached, offer a joss stick to the dead & we sit down to catch up with the rest. This is the quietest funeral which I ever attend before.

 

The purpose of this blog entry is not about anything which mention above, what I wanna share is what Liting share with me yesterday, life is full of regrets.

 

Liting was telling me since the day she moved in with Roland, both his parents dote on her a lot. Everytime when Liting step out of the house to leave for her flight, both his parents will send her to the door & wave her good bye, without fail.

 

But on the very day itself, Liting flight was rather early; she needs to leave the house at 4am. She doesn’t want to wake the old folks, so she actually left the house without bid good bye.

 

That was the period Roland’s dad actually had a fall & pass away. He passes away on the very day of Liting’s birthday. The worst thing is when Liting was back, Roland’s mum actually passes her a red packet, the red packet was from Roland’s dad.

 

What was told to Liting was way before her actually birthday, Roland’s dad has already prepared the red packet in advance. He was afraid that he will forget to pass to Liting, so he actually asks Roland’s mum to remind him.

 

Here, the old folk had left, but he still left a red packet to wish Liting happy birthday. Liting was in tears when she told us that. She says the old folks really treat her very well; she is full of regrets now.

 

She regrets that she not able to bid the last good bye to the old man, she regret that she had never thought of bringing the old folks out whenever she & Roland went out together. She regrets that she was enlightened only after all this happen.

 

Well, from the story she share, it really remind us not to lives in regrets. Shows your love one around you that you really cared & loved them when they are still around. Love them for who they are & every little thing they had done for you.

 

1 comment:

  1. tthank u for yr nice stiry. i will learned from liting. sad for liting a;lso.

    ReplyDelete