Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Respect to other; Respect by other.

I am so pissed by this woman in my company. So what the big deal if you are one of the department head of our company, I know I'm just a small "fly" in my company, or even my department, but please at least shows some respect to other if you want to grant some respect back.

My other colleagues was out-station from the office, so I'm the only one left in the room. When you going into other people department, a closed door department, shouldn't you at least knock the door before you come in? This are the very basic manner that even the cleaner knows, the cleaner will knock before coming in everyday, you are such a highly educated person don't tell me you don't know what is manner. Don't tell me you will simply step into the Chairman's room without even knocking it?

After you step into people department, shouldn't you at least greet or courtesy enough to at least tell other what is your intention of coming? That woman actually just step into our department, start her conversation with her other colleague & treat me as if I'm not even in the room. If I never voice out the "Yes, what do you want?", I don't think she will even bother about my existence.

Just imagine you are at other people house, will you go & open the cupboard of other without even asking? This is so rude, this theory apply at work too. When you step out of your comfort zone (your cubical, okay, let make the zone BIGGER for her since she think she is so high high up, let make it department for her), you don't anyhow touch other people property without permission (like what she did, open our sliding cupboard door without even asking), didn't anyone teach you manner before? This is SUPER RUDE!!

Please be kind enough to say a "Thank you" after bothering other, not just simply walk in & out as if is your home treating all other like invisible.

These are all accumulated anger, a few days back, she step on my "tail" too.

I was washing my container after my lunch in the pantry a few days back, I turn off the tap to soap my container after wetting it, she just stand next to me, turn on the tap & wash her cup. HELLO?!? The sink in the pantry is just so small, are you in such a rush that you need to squeeze with me in such a small standing area & wash your cup? My hands & container are still in the sink, yet she can just wash her cup as per normal.

If you are in such a rush, you can just simply ask me to allow you to use the sink first, I'm very sure I will not reject your request. Worst still, after washing her cup, she simply go back to the pantry table, sit down & start gossiping with other colleagues. So what is the rush for you to cut my queue & wash you cup?!? This is totally unacceptable for me.

I know we are different in term of position in the office, maybe you feel that I'm not in the position or qualified to even talk to you, but let me tell you, a company can NEVER operate with just department head itself. Without supporting roles like us, both you & the company are just an empty shells, you can jolly well hug the empty shell company, go & die together. 

I always believe that other than position, power, experience & education, there is always something more important than these, is the quality & up bringing of a person. You can hold all the abilities or the power at your work station, but your character suck big thumb, you can never grant respect from anyone if you don't even know how to respect yourself & other.

You can hold the lousiest job in the world, but if you know how to shows basic respect to other & to yourself, no one will look down on you & yet they will respect you & respect your job. In other way, if you can never learn how to respect yourself & other, no matter how highly position you are, or how "holy" your job, no one will look up to you, yet they will feel ashamed of you.

I just couldn't hold back on my angry & my blood really boiled over this issue. I feel so ashamed to have such colleague in this company, but to think of it in another way, I feel rather glad or lucky to a certain extend that our job scope will never cross path with each other, if not, I gonna have a hard time to work with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment