Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Poor Wapi - BEWARE OF IRRESPONSIBLE GROOMERS

All my dear friends cum pet lovers outta, please take note of this post.

When I saw this post, I was SUPER agitated, I hate irresponsible pet groomer, this reminded me of what happen to Dino when he is 5month old.




(This is "Loving Pets" address)

Back at that time, I was new to all dogs stuff as Dino was my 1st dog. Recommend grooming place for Dino was "Loving Pets" at East Coast Road by brother-in-law. (http://www.lovingpets.com.sg/index.html)


Dino when he is 4months old


Dino After his 1st grooming session in "Loving Pets"


Dino was perfectly fine & running around



Bought Dino there for his 1st grooming session when he is 4month old, seriously I think the groomer skill was good, Dino look mad cute & neat, so I intend to fixed the place as Dino grooming session next time again. 

When Dino is 5months old, I bought him to "Loving Pets" for his 2nd grooming session again. I walk Dino into the shop, hand Dino to them & come back again 2hours later.

When I walk into the shop, the aunty in the shop say the groomer had left, she want to pass a message to me saying that Dino hind right leg was injure, ask me to take special attention to that.

For god sake, I put Dino on the floor & he is limping, tears roll down my face. I walk Dino into the shop perfectly fine with 4 legs, after 2hours, my Dino was limping, how could they do this to a 5 month old pup.

I called & insist to speak to the groomer the next day, her words pissed me off, she insisted that she did not drop Dino or hurt him in anyway, yet she pushed the blame to me say I pass them an injury dog.

How would I & the groomer not know my dog is injury if I walked Dino into the shop perfectly fine, with 4 legs & not limping? The groomer ask me to bring Dino to a vet & let her know the outcome again.

I bought Dino to a vet, luckily the vet say is not any serious injury, Dino will recover in a few days time. I called the groomer later, she did not say anything much, she just say, "Great to hear the your dog is okay."

I was SUPER PISSED by than, is that what you can say only? I don't need you to pay for Dino medical fee, is not that I cannot afford to pay for my own dog medical fee, but shouldn't she even offered to compensate it?

I reply to her in a harsh tone, "FINE!! Is that only what you can say now!! It okay, never mind, this gonna be the last time I visit your shop & I will NEVER recommend anyone to visit your shop."

I tried to warn other pet lovers in the "Pet Channel", guess what, my comment is being removed!! So be it, there always a "grey area" in everything, I tried, but there isn't anything much I can do about it.


Sis & brother-in-law Chow Chow, Max

Even now, brother-in-law don't bring his dog, Max, to "Loving Pets" anymore. He don't bother by what I told him in the start, till he experience it himself. Max was tick-free when he bought him to the "Loving Pets", when he brought him home, he was FULL of ticks.

He spend lots of time removed the ticks on Max & in his house, so now, all my family members will NEVER bring their dogs to "Loving Pets" anymore.


Dino now, turning 2years old real soon


Max, tick-free now :)

I'm glad that both Dino & Max are perfectly fine now.

Now, let me share about Wapi incident (Photos graps from Wapi's owner Facebook page):


Wapi before the incident


Wapi's tongue after the incident



WAPI was a happy three-year old Yorkshire Terrier, until his tongue was cut off by his groomers on 28th Aug 2010.



Conversation between Wapi's owner & groomer


Wapi's Veterinary Report

The owners are emotionally distressed by his injury and have been running around trying to get Wapi's veterinary report (took one whole week), rushing home after work and waking up early to give Wapi's medication and trying to appeal to authorities to do something (pending investigation)!

(Quote from Wapi's owner)
The 2nd Reason for the huge delay. ( LIES )
The pet shop blatantly lie to us.
Look at the dates:
We called the Vet on 31 Aug 2010
2nd sept 2010 - We asked again! - they say the scanner is down
4th sept 2010 - We ASKED AGAIN! - they r out of town. How convenient.
6th Sept 2010 - we find out the report was just WRITTEN ON THAT DAY ITSELF!

The owner start a "Wapi Awareness Facebook page" purposes is to:

1) Publicise the gross negligence of a pet groomer which resulted in Wapi's tongue being cut off while grooming and how consequently, the owners were only offered and compensated for the resulting medical costs ($66+ $152 = $218). This could happen to any of our dogs too!

2) Generate enough public awareness, so that the proper authorities will step in and set up protocol and jurisdiction in the event of such atrocities. Imagine if a barber or hairdresser disfigured his client this seriously while shaving or cutting their hair? Would a mere apology and a trip to the doctor suffice?

3) Start a discussion and compile a checklist for dog lovers to take note of when sending their pets to groomers. To find out what can and should be done IF such a tragedy were to befall our beloved fur-kids. Also, which dog grooming companies to stay away from. Be informed!

"Wapi Awareness Facebook page" is meant as a resource for information to PREVENT such things from happening again and what are the things to look out for.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is my conversation with the owner:



This is the pet shop address:



For all information, this is how the irresponsible groomer look like & the nonsense he wrote. (Grap from the web page)

http://www.petstop.com.sg/site/




The reason for me to make his entry post is I don't wish any of the Pet owners outta to experience what we went through. 

When we decide to own a pet, it a kind of life-long thingy, be it what happened to them, we must take the responsibility on them till their very last breath.

Be it what happen to Dino *TOUCH WOOD*
I'll still love him as before

No comments:

Post a Comment