Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 6, 2011

CNY long weekend

I guess this gonna be a super long entry, I have tons of stuffs to update, long weekend is coming to an end for most people, but not for me still, I will only be back to my work battle on the next coming Wednesday.

I shall start updating from the CNY eve. This year was a little different from the previous year, we did not eat our reunion dinner at home, we had our reunion lunch outside at Vivocity Diao Xiao Er. The potion of the foods was a little small for the price we pay, but I just love the food there.


















After our lunch, Cat head home with Ze first as they need to prepare for their reunion dinner while me & mum continued our shopping at Vivo.

Later in the night after dear finish his dinner, he came over to pick me up & we head out to meet up with the rest. Still too early to head over to the temple, don't know who suggested the crazy idea of going to Changi Airport, we went there for Swensen ice cream.


We went to the wrong terminal, so we took a skytrain to the other terminal, act like some country pumpkin tourists, so funny!




I love the ice cream display outside the shop, all look so tempating, but the real sundae didn't turn out that nice. I had my all time favourite Frozen Chocolate Malt sundae, but maybe I'm feeling alittle too full that day, for the very first time I can't finish my ice cream.














Around 1am, we head over to Sembawang "Cai Sheng Miao" for our praying session. The place was so packed with people & we can hardly find any parking lot there. We even got into some arguement with other while trying to park the car.










The whole praying session end at around 3plus in the morning, while the rest head for either majong session or supper, I told dear I need to go home, I'm feeling mad tired at that time. After dear send me home then he meet up with the rest for mahjong session.

On CNY first day I wake up early & head over to my grandparent's place, anyway that is basically the only place I need to go to on CNY. Enjoy the catch up session with my cousins & aunties, we didn't meet up as much as compare to the young time.












Around evening time, dear came over to visit my grandparents, he don't only carry the oranges in his hand, he also bought some bird nest for them too, so sweet of him right.

This year dear stay there much longer, no habit of gambling with people he not close with, so I accompany him to play chinese chess instead. Grandpa love chess, so he kept running out during the commercial break of the show he watching & teach me how to counter dear's attack, love my grandpa, he is so funny.

Around 9plus we left there & head over to Kelvin's house for visiting, dinner session as per normal, didn't eat much for me & dear, gambling session start after dinner.

As usual, I will not join them for gambling, I'm well prepare this year, I bought my D.S. out to keep me accompany so that dear won't feel bad leaving me alone.

I know midnight is a little late for visiting but we head over to Jimmy's house still. His house is like a real gambling dens with so many of us.

Me & dear end our day around 3plus 4 again, it a long & tired day.

CNY 2nd day is a day that everyone of us must turn up at my grandparent's place for reunion dinner, but this year I made an exception, I'm not staying for dinner. I went over to show my face rather early that day & left around 2pm.

I went to dear's house for visiting, last year I was really late to visit his parents, I think it already close to the end of CNY then I went to bai nian, so this year, I don't want the same thing to happen again, I went to his house on the 2nd day.

So I stay over at dear place like the whole of Friday afternoon, too tired & I actually take a short nap there. After I woke up, dear want me to help him dye his hair. Once done, it almost time to head out to meet the rest for dinner.

Last year Kelvin's birthday fall on CNY, this year is Ben turn to have his birthday fall on CNY. We went over to Seafood Paradise at Defu Lane for dinner & celebrate Ben's birthday. Maybe is due to festival season & they got a little short-handed, the service was rather bad & the food wasn't up to our expectation, but the food is filling still.














After dinner, we head over for drinking session at Crew Room, can't believe we are actually spending our CNY day 2 at a pub like our usual weekend.










Finally I manage to get a little longer sleep & wake up a little late on CNY day 3. Dear came & pick me up around 2pm & we head over to Haojie's house, like previous years, we will spend the whole day there, gambling session.

This year was a little better than previous year cos the room was over crowded, so "we" didn't manage to bump into each other face to face, & by the time we gonna leave she already left.

Had our dinner at coffee shop, after dinner, some head over to St. James while the rest of us went over to Cineleisure for movie. The seats there was comfortable but the audio was far too loud for me to take it. Can you believe I actually stuff the tissue in my ears throughout the show.

Movie ends around midnight, Jimmy head over to pick up Jaimie & the rest of us head over to car wash. During the car wash, we saw a "live show" there. Ah gua catching & beating up 1 bagala. The ahguas are really damn fierce, seriously, don't even try to fool around with them.

Send Ben home, me & dear head over to Changi for our usual ice cream session & down to Paris Ris again to chill out with Jimmy & Jaimie. Actually it nice chilling up in small group at time, maybe our group is getting far too big now, so even we went out together, we didn't really catch up with one & another.

Sunday is a usually rest day at home, so I don't need to say much of it, 2 more days & I'm going back to work, seriously, I don't know how am I going to spend my this 2 days, no plan yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment