Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Our Love Nest Progression

I was kinda force to watch the National Day Rally on the last Sunday as my house do not have cable TV & all channel available is on the Rally. This is like the very first time I actually sit down & listen to the Rally, I’m glad that government actually trying their best to resolve the citizens issue.

At least some good news from the Rally, more subsidies on part-time study loan from the government. This don’t really applied for me as I gonna sign up a bond with my company for my degree program next year, but this change gonna benefit my boyfriend in a way. It never cheap to study, after 2 to 3 years spending 20 over thousands in exchange for a piece of paper, it way to expensive.

PM Lee use a young couples as example, they study part-time courses together as a motivation for each other to move to the next level, my boyfriend still joking say why aren’t we the example too, lolz. Both of us study our diploma together acting as each other motivation, we are planning to do our degree together again soon. But I told him the different is the couple have a baby, but we don’t. People set up a family while they climb, we wanted to climb higher first before we start our family.

Not forgetting about looking into the new flat issue for young couples, government are working on establishing shorter waiting time for the whole progress of apply new flat. This news came a little too late for us. Can you imagine we actually spend like a whole year bidding for our new flat nearly every month, we only got our flat on our 8th bid, sadly, it isn’t a location of our choice. For 7times we bid for Sengkang & Puggol we didn’t get it, first time trying our luck on Yishun & we got it, is like. . . . “speechless” in a way.

Anyway, like it or not we still need to stick with this choice for the next 5years after we get our key. Well, look at the bright side, is like what my boyfriend say to me, “location does matter, but who you staying with matter more”, he still say if we never spend the whole year bidding without result, most probably we already marry with kids now.

The progress of building our future love nest still consider good, it a weekly routine for us to go there on every weekend since to see the progression. We visited there on early May this year, it only at the 1st storey, guess how tall it is now? I guess the workers are working real hard, last Sunday we went there around evening time is already in the mid of completing the 7th storey. Maybe it really like what majority say, we might be able to get the key much earlier than the completion date state, estimate should be around 6months to 1year earlier.

If we really gonna get the flat earlier, we need to bring forward our marry plan too, did source for some places to hold the dinner, so far our choice is on MBS & Ritz Carlton. Yah, the name of the hotel stunt most people too when I bought up to them, each table averagely will cost us around 1.2k to 1.8K, that why we are working so hard to save up now, we know very well that the "ang-pao" we gonna receive are not able to cover the cost, we already prepared to lost more than 1/2 of the price we gonna pay. My dear friends, be prepare & starting saving up for my “ang-pao” now, don't let me lost so much, whahahaha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment