Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 4, 2011

Unfair Treatment

I got a little pissed when people take my mum kindness for granted.

Grandma went to hospital last week for her eyes operation, due to the inconvenient she will face after the operation, her 4 daughters decide to share the burden of taking care of the old lady, helping her out on her house-hold chore & stuff.

Mum duty is on Monday & Tuesday, third aunt, Lily, was Wednesday & Thursday, fourth aunt, Sandy, was on Friday & Small aunt, Shelly, was on Saturday. I could say Saturday was the best day of all, cos is not a working day, it will not affect your work performance. As for Sandy, she need to take leave on Friday, Lily is running her on business, her shop without her for 2 days I could say more or less won't have such big impact.

What about my mum, people always think that my mum is the most "wu eng" among all, but have anyone of you think for her, she is not taking leave or go there on her off day to take care of grandma, she actually go there in the morning at 7plus, do the house-hold chore, thing don't just end there during the evening time when big uncle or Thomas is back home, mum still need to go work in the night.

Can you imagine how tired can this old lady be? She is no longer young like before, she can no longer juggle with 2 jobs, day & night, like how she try to bring us up in the past. I can see the lines on her face now, I can see the white hair start covering her head, she is already 50over year old, she need to work till 1, 2am in the night, slept for 4hours & she need to make her way to grandma's house, do you all know it really a very tough job for her.

I'm not complaining any issue about taking care of grandma, she is the mother of all of them, is not wrong taking care of her, is not wrong even my mum need to take up 2 days duty as she is the eldest. But what is the younger ones doing? Just a call & say you not free, something held up, can't make it for your duty & you expect my mum to take over you? Is it right or wrong for you all to do that?

My mum took up 3day of duty out of the 6 last week & 4days of duty out of the 6 this week. Please spare a little thought for your elder sister, she is human, not machine, I think she deserve you guys to treat her in a better way.

I hardly get to talk to her this 2 weeks, even on her off day, you can see her shag look on the face, she is too tired to stay up even a little longer to chat with me, she need to turn in early to replenish her energy. Living in the same roof but so little communication, it really heartache seeing her in this state now.

No comments:

Post a Comment