Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 28, 2012

My life in Epson

To come to think about it, I going to be with Epson for 4year this coming September. Time really fly fast, even though I always full of complaints on my work, but I seriously love my job a lot.

I completed my diploma in Hospitality & Tourism in the year of 2008, but after I completed my course, I was a little reluctant to continue my career in F&B line, cos I can't see myself anywhere in the near future, so, I decide to head for a change.

At that point of time, I totally have no work experience on desk-bound job & I really wanting to experience the 8 to 5 lifestyle. Seeking help from a friend, kind enough, his girlfriend introduce me a temp position in Epson for 3months, my job requirement is only doing data entry, paid 7bucks per hour, all I need to do is to key in customers' warranty registration details into the system. I know is a super boring job, but wasting 3months for experiencing new thing, sound like a good deal to me, so I took up the job.

I remember my first day to work, I feel like I'm a human entering an alien world, I'm totally out of my comfort zone. I used to work in a very rowdy environment, this new environment is so quiet to me, I can even hear the noise of a needle dropped on the floor. I just can't sit still at the point of time, I feel more tired sitting down as compare to standing for 8hours straight every single day, it kind of a torture to me at the initial stage.

As time passes, I start to feel thankful to find a job allowing me to sit my 8hours a day in a comfortable air-conditioning environment, if given a choice, I really don't wish to go back to hospitality field ever again. But a lot of thing isn't within our control, my 3months contract ended, there isn't any opening for permanent position, I can't possibly hold on to a temp position after spending so much time & effort completing my diploma no matter how much I like my working environment.

Just before my last day there, my boss spoke to me, he told me he actually wanted to have a talk with me a few week back trying to ask me to stay. But he himself know very well that it will be very selfish for him to do so if he not able to promise me any permanent position, so that what holding him back. But he chose to speak to me on that very day cos he got a good news for me, he request me to hold on to my temp position for another 1month the most, he is trying to ask one of the colleague to go, once he leave, the position will be mine.

After much consideration, I took up the offer. What bothering me to take up the offer is definitely not the leaving of that particular colleague, I understand the "rules" of working society, either you are an asset, or a liability to the company, no one is indispensible, no hard feeling on that. What bothering me is the pay they offered, they offer me 1650 for the initial pay, that is lesser than what I hold in Haagen Dazs, but the promise me a pay raise after my 3month probation, but as for the amount it depends a lot if individual performance.

For a long terms benefit, I decide to take the risk, thank god through out my years in Epson I met a lot of nice colleagues & bosses that help me keep improving, from starting off at Local CS department as a on-site coordinator, I'm now in the Regional CS department as a senior service coordinator. I really need to thanks my bosses & superior that see highly on me, giving me a lot of room to perform & prove myself, with all their help, I am who I am today, working so hard to score my KPI in order to get good bonus, to meet all the targets my boyfriend set for me in order for us to have a more comfortable life in the close future.

As a MNC, as a Japan's company, I will say that the benefit here is really good. I believe with my current educational level, with my work experience, I could hardly find an admin job that offer what I earn per annual now. I love this period of time every year, increment, bonus, FFB benefit & incentives will all come in a shoot. Last year I got a big fat bonus of 3.8month, this years wasn't as good as before, but still quite a fair sum after all the natural disaster & economy down turn, I'm already very contented.

Once in awhile I will pamper myself with good food, over the weekend, both me & boyfriend throw our dieting plan aside & eat to our contentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment