Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Mothers' Day Dinner


It was really a very bad idea we came out to cook for Mothers’ Day, everything turns out to be a disaster.
 
The shopping trip was bad enough on Friday night, we went to a very small NTUC at Bedok South & we couldn’t get all of the ingredients we need. Woke up early on Sunday to catch my mother-in-law before she head out for groceries shopping, need her help to get the remaining ingredients.
 
My preparation starts in the morning all the way till the dinner being served. Hubby only concentrate on his “guo-tieh” skin & I have to do all other thing by myself. I was quite pissed at hubby’s gu-ma throughout the whole session. I have this bad habit, I hate other getting into my way when I’m doing my stuff & she just keep buzzing in the kitchen, interfering my thing. I’m trying very hard to hold my temper, luckily I manage to hold my cool for the day, I didn’t blow up.
 
When dinner almost ready to serve, I accidentally loss my grip on the plate, my whole plate of steam tofu went directly into the sink, from then on, everything was in a mess and I really don’t wish to talk about it anymore. The dishes I whip up was horrible that day, the sesame oil chicken was to tough & bland, didn’t cook long enough, the garlic on the prawns was a little too raw, the last minutes fried egg to replace the tofu was okay, the “guo-tieh” went horribly wrong, overall only the soup taste good.

I felt so depressed after the dinner, I cannot even handle such small chore given to me, I went hiding in the room straight after the dinner, just don’t feel like talking to anyone.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment